2 Jem Projects

Hi

I just thought i'd post some pics of a couple projects i have going.

The first (bottom routed) was a unfinished jem body clone i bought off the net.

I swirled it and had it cleared at an automotive shop. It still needs a wet sand buff and polish but it really close to done.

I just bought a maple /maple neck with pearl pyramid inlay neck made. I will swirl the headstock to match.

the second (top routed) was originally off my old jem 555. I just finished the paintjob last night.

I swirled the headstock to match but haven't got pics up yet.

http://cid-e7964c38443c1009.photos.live.co...wse.aspx/Jem555

Also i was wondering What was the best way to put the logo onto the headstock?. Do the decals work? If so do you put them directly onto the paint? Could a stencil be made and spray paint it on? has anyone tried this menthod? Any other ideas?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks

Sarradan

Very well done, I love these! That's about the best pattern and choice of colors I think I've seen yet.

I sure a decal would be your best bet. It's simple, looks good and is well proven. As long as you have a smooth finish to apply it onto and can spray some light clear coats over it you should be good to go. If you're replacing originals you can probably find them on Ebay or you can make your own pretty easily. Search up some decal info if you aren't sure about it. I think it would be a lot easier and also better than any kind of stencil.

Looks great!

Thanks for your comments guys. I think i will go the decal route. The swirl paint is not flat, it has ridges. so would you put a coat of clear,sandsmooth then apply the decal then add another coat of clear?.

Sarradan

This sounds like a good idea. Putting a thin coat of clear over any custom paint job seems like a good idea too keep it intact and fingerprint / smudge free while working with it. I really like the swirl patterns and colors as well.