Chiquita-inspired Mini Guitar

I got a wild hair to build one of these, having never seen one in person. Got the measurements and particulars from web searches and photos. This is a scrap wood build, and the hardware is mainly what I had lying around from past builds. The HB is a Chinese made Ebay find that was $12 IIRC, the nut was bone and was the first one I've ever slotted (I don't think I'll be doing that again) and I bought a bridge from Ebay as well but due to faulty measuring on my part, I was unable to use it. Total cost including the bridge I didn't use was less than $40 easy.

-black walnut neck and body midsection

-maple sandwich body wings

-jatoba fretboard

-maple backstrap on headstock

-Grover tuners

-Chinese humbucker

-bridge from Tele, cut to fit

-Tru-oil finish

full front view

full back

front body

bridge

being picked on

Not sure how to post the pic rather than the link :D .

I got a wild hair to build one of these, having never seen one in person. Got the measurements and particulars from web searches and photos. This is a scrap wood build, and the hardware is mainly what I had lying around from past builds. The HB is a Chinese made Ebay find that was $12 IIRC, the nut was bone and was the first one I've ever slotted (I don't think I'll be doing that again) and I bought a bridge from Ebay as well but due to faulty measuring on my part, I was unable to use it. Total cost including the bridge I didn't use was less than $40 easy.

-black walnut neck and body midsection

-maple sandwich body wings

-jatoba fretboard

-maple backstrap on headstock

-Grover tuners

-Chinese humbucker

-bridge from Tele, cut to fit

-Tru-oil finish

chiquitaPreston034.jpgfull front view

chiquitaPreston037.jpgfull back

chiquitaPreston036.jpgfront body

chiquitaPreston042.jpgbridge

chiquitaPreston040.jpgbeing picked on

Not sure how to post the pic rather than the link :D .

If you click on "Reply", you will be able to see what I have changed from your original post to directly display the photos :D