New Jointer Find!

cherokee6

Alright, I haven't been contributing for awhile. Life has a way of taking up your time. Let's see: we had a flood in our basement from the tropical storm, we're still ripping up carpeting, throwing stuff out, etc., I did get the band saw in Sept., the car has been crapping out; I've been collecting stone for a wall, my daughter started middle school and is not adjusting well, the plane just went through its annual inspection, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I've been on the Sawmill Creek site a lot as I came upon an 8" Grizzly jointer, 220v 2hp with a helix cutter in mint condition for $400!!! on CL. :D I called the seller about 15 or 20 min after it was posted. Anyway, my buddy Tony (I get him into all sorts of adventures like the airplanes) and I took his pickup to Milford Pa. (about an hour and 10 min. or so drive from here) picked it up - well not that easily- it does weigh about 400 lbs- I should say hoisted it into the pickup and brought it home. Fortunately, it came with a mobile base. It's now in the garage and I need to make a 220v extension chord as I only have one 220 line right now. Can't wait to use it. I can see raw wood turning into guitar necks and bodies! B)

Of course deer season opens next Saturday so it won't be happening real soon. :D

Alright, I haven't been contributing for awhile. Life has a way of taking up your time. Let's see: we had a flood in our basement from the tropical storm, we're still ripping up carpeting, throwing stuff out, etc., I did get the band saw in Sept., the car has been crapping out; I've been collecting stone for a wall, my daughter started middle school and is not adjusting well, the plane just went through its annual inspection, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I've been on the Sawmill Creek site a lot as I came upon an 8" Grizzly jointer, 220v 2hp with a helix cutter in mint condition for $400!!! on CL. :D I called the seller about 15 or 20 min after it was posted. Anyway, my buddy Tony (I get him into all sorts of adventures like the airplanes) and I took his pickup to Milford Pa. (about an hour and 10 min. or so drive from here) picked it up - well not that easily- it does weigh about 400 lbs- I should say hoisted it into the pickup and brought it home. Fortunately, it came with a mobile base. It's now in the garage and I need to make a 220v extension chord as I only have one 220 line right now. Can't wait to use it. I can see raw wood turning into guitar necks and bodies! B)

Of course deer season opens next Saturday so it won't be happening real soon. :D

Awesome...good find !