Fezz Parka Mod On A Strat

Suek

Hi again lol

I wrote the guy who came up with the Fezz Parka mod for Tele's and asked if the wire position would be the same for Strats.He hasn't replied yet and I'm too curious.

All I could find was a mod for a strat and about a blender pot added. It's the mod for when you roll off the volume and you lose treble. I have the diagram for the tele mod and it seems to me I would just add the wire like they did for the tele. None of this blender pot thing. Oh and my humbucker is on it's own tone pot and the single coils have their own also. I know I can put a cap and resistor, But I would like to try this.

Here's an example of the tele:

http://www.singlecoil.com/docs/tele-tone2.pdf

Edited by Suek

strat tone pots are wired to the switch rather than the volume pot - so i dont think its as easy to implement

this is the old '50's vs modern' wiring thing les paul owners have been talking about for years. all it refers to is if the tone pot is attached to the 1st or middle lug of the volume pot. It affects the way the tone pot works in a subtle way but does not affect the tone when turned up full

If you switched to a 2x vol, 1xtone set-up you could implement it easily as the tone pot could then run off the volumes. And you could also ensure your humbucker volume uses a 500k pot and your singles have a 250k volume pot... I do this with most HSS strats as its a compromise using the same value pot for both humbuckers and singles. seperate volumes and a master tone makes more sense to me than two tones

strat tone pots are wired to the switch rather than the volume pot - so i dont think its as easy to implement

this is the old '50's vs modern' wiring thing les paul owners have been talking about for years. all it refers to is if the tone pot is attached to the 1st or middle lug of the volume pot. It affects the way the tone pot works in a subtle way but does not affect the tone when turned up full

If you switched to a 2x vol, 1xtone set-up you could implement it easily as the tone pot could then run off the volumes. And you could also ensure your humbucker volume uses a 500k pot and your singles have a 250k volume pot... I do this with most HSS strats as its a compromise using the same value pot for both humbuckers and singles. seperate volumes and a master tone makes more sense to me than two tones

Oh I see. I did a wiring set up where the humbucker has a 500k only and the singles only have 250k. Maybe this is a shoddy setup. I found it on the Warmouth forums. I am trying to post a picture to the diagram I used. I hope it works.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/s...uitarwiring.jpg

Edited by Suek

yeah, thats fine and works ok. notice how the tones come from the switch, thats normal for strats but not for teles of les pauls where the tones are wired to the volume pot... and you do have the appropriate value pots for both your tones.

But the volume is still 500k - which will suit the humbucker more than the single coils and you are no closer to the tone wiring you want

will sketch you a diagram to show the difference - give us a mo

this is what i would do -

HSSstratwth2volsmastertone.gif

Thanks so much for the diagram!!! Excellent. I take this stuff seriously, I'll work on it tell I pass out. lol

So leave the 250k with no cap, I have heard people doing that somewhere.

Hey if I still kept the wiring as if I still was separating the tone pots and then changed the 250k to 500k, You think it would better or worse than a stock setup?

I hope I explained that right....HAHAHAHHA Thanks for your help again.