Hey all

So have been playing guitar on and off for a number of years recently bought a new guitar and have been getting really back into playing now. I had been toying with the idea of building for quite a while but think i am ready to take the plunge and go for it. Already got an idea of what i am looking to do as a starting point, think i am in a fairly good position tool wise so nothing really holding me back apart from the knowledge. I was thinking of trying for something along the lines of a Kramer Jersey star, haven't been able to find a template of dimensions yet anybody got info on this would be great. Otherwise any tips etc would be really appreciated rekon i will head to the library and grab a few books on Monday :D

Thanks in advance

Flexwest

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy to both of y'all! :D

There is a huge wealth of knowlege around here, but sometimes searching is your best answer....

As for the Jersey Star, I googled a cou[le of images , cross referenced it against a Fender Strat , and ... well... you be the judge:

strat3.jpg

strat2.jpg

strat.jpg

Looks to me like you could use a standard strat body , route it for 3 hummers and put the switch in sideways. :D

Maybe look for some star inlays at the fret page and grab a kramer banana HS guitar neck off the 'bay.

Shouldn't be difficult.

If you want a closer copy, hit the music stores with a tape measure and pencil or just buy one then clone it yourself.

So many options really......

For tips , mine would be : be patient. and be resourceful.