Jazz-O-Caster

• 1 month later...

Getting pretty close to finishing time. It'll be black gloss niro. Put together a dry fit tonight. Changed the pickup configuration to just a straight foward tele bridge pup and a simple pickguard. First attempt at making my own pickguard. It could have turned out better but it'll work.

I'm still making mistakes and learning a lot trying to recover from them but I feel like my build quality is getting a little better. Thanks to all on this forum for all the help.

DSC_0264.jpg

Any opinions on the volume and tone knob on the pickguard ? My plan was to install the jack in the face of the pickguard below the tone knob. But I'm not sure I like the two knobs that high on the pickguard. I'm thinking about moving the volume and tone knobs down to the lower part of the pickguard and then installing the jack in the side like a normal tele. Any opinions ?

DSC_0265.jpg

• 9 months later...

Did this one get finished? Like the looks of where it was going. You last question was the knob placement. I would of dropped them lower like you siggested on doing and doing the side input via a tele. :D

It did get "finished" but in a hurry because I wanted to move on to other projects. I finished it with black rattle can nitro without pore filling and it shows. Finish is pretty rough. I actually play this guitar quite a bit because I really like how the neck feels. And this is my first Alder body and I have to say that I really like the sound of it acoustically. When not plugged in the guitar actually rings pretty loud and long.

The pickguard experiment was a failure though. I cut it free hand and formed the edge bevel freehand with a razor.....not the way I would suggest doing it and the results are crappy....obviously.