Chambered Single Cut

The goal of this guitar is a resonant lively guitar inspired by playing 60's Fender Thinline tele guitars. Personality takes time to develop but I think you can add a bit in the design process.

Starting with a single piece of Fiji Plantation Mahogany, same species as Brazilian. Body blank largely routed out but leaving a block down the center.

The top is a book matched Australian flamed Victorian ash. The neck will be New Guinea Rosewood with Indian rosewood or Macassa ebony.

Its going to take a while.

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

Shape will be one of these

front-1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So a slow build but coming along. This is a pic of the body ready to glue the top on. the blue tape is to stop the glue oozing out on the inside walls. I can get the tape out because there will be a F hole. I also printed a label on a water glide that will be visible from the F hole. There is also a maple brace added,I got a bit concerned about the strength of the back where the upper route is.

Image023.jpg

Top being glued on, All clamps on deck

Image025.jpg

• 3 months later...

Its been a while but I got around to gluing the cap on and routing an F hole. I thought of several designs like cats eye and other more out there shapes but in the end I stayed traditional.

Sorry about the blue hue , bad light.

IMG_2668.jpg

and the neck blank of New Guinea Rosewood and rosewood 25" scale fret board.

IMG_2670.jpg

• 6 months later...