Need Wiring Diagram. Hsh 3-way, 1 Volume

sumrnitz

Hello everyone. I'm needing a wiring diagram for a HSH, 3-way blade switch and 1 volume. The pickups will be Dimarzios with no coil tapping/splitting or anything like that. Single position for each individual pickup. This is for a guitar I'm making for someone and they are pretty much set on that configuration Any help or direction would be very much appreciated. Personally I'd do a 5-way (plenty of diagrams out there for that) but they don't want that. :D

Thanks in advance!!!!!

A typical 3 way switch doesn't allow for 3 pickups, only two, because the center position is just bridging the two contacts for the outer positions. You will need either a 5 way or three individual toggles. Tell the dude those are his only two options (unless you can find an appropriate DPDT on/on/on switch, but I doubt one will work for this particular configuration). At least, that's my gut reaction.

I'm not awesome with this stuff, but I think it would work. You use a 3-way blade switch, and wire everything on one side, like this:

3wayoneside.png

I think it would look something like this:

HSHOneVolume.jpg

You might want to have someone more experienced look that over.

Good luck,

David

That diagram is exactly what I was thinking but I wanted a little confirmation on this. It'll be a few weeks before I actually get to the wiring on this guitar so if anyone else wants to chime in here I would welcome the input. Thanks for the replies!!!!!

Chris

I'm not awesome with this stuff, but I think it would work. You use a 3-way blade switch, and wire everything on one side, like this:

3wayoneside.png

I think it would look something like this:

HSHOneVolume.jpg

You might want to have someone more experienced look that over.

Good luck,

David

That switch will do the trick. I was thinking the three way toggle switches.