Another Barnstormer

One of the things people didn't like about my last GOTM entry was the Hipshot baby grand bridge

Apparently, y'all are not alone~ I got an order for one just like it, but with a different bridge.

I figured I would post some pics of it:

DSCN12482.JPG

Used a Wilkinson roller bridge, with the strings running through the body in 3/16" brass tubes which project about 1/16" from the face of the body

Pickups are Bareknuckle PG Blues with aged raw nickel covers

DSCN1294.JPG

Also went with a different back on this one, this is butternut, lightly singed with a propane torch:

DSCN1301.JPG

This pic also shows the brass anchor block I made.

Edited by orgmorg

best yet, although maybe not the most fun

all elements just seem to fit nicely without anyone thing distracting, like some people not liking the bridge, or the hammered back, or certain other choices on the others

those pickups need a bit of playing in though, the raw nickel covers continue to age in a very natural way. also worth mentioning the PG blues benefit from having 2 volumes for really controlling the out of phase tone - thank you for putting them in the correct way. I have seen so many people buy those pickups and put them in the usual humbucker way... not convinced it makes much difference to tone, but its not right!

Thanks!

I like these bridges a lot.

Setting the intonation is no problem. Just loosen the screw and scootch the saddle where you want it. They move easily, but not so easy that they go too far too fast.

This is a great bridge for string through, since you dont have to worry about the strings contacting the body of the bridge, like on a regular tuneomatic (particularly the wider, Nashville style.)

Also the best I have found for use with a Bigsby. Everything locks down solid. Just wish they were available in nickel plate.