HM Strat Wiring

I recently purchased a somewhat abused '89 or '90 HM Strat in an attemt to get myself playing again. player It is also my first refinishing project. Unfortunately, some goofball carved a bunch junk in the finish on the front of the body. :D The Strat has a pretty decent setup for a newbie, with two Fender single coils, a DiMarzio humbucker, 5 way switch, 1 volume controle, 2 tone controles, and a coil tap switch. The trouble is some of the wires were broken at the solder joints and the coil tap switch was missing. I got a parts list and wiring diagram from a customer service rep. at Fender, but the diagram is marginal at best. Can any one tell me where to get a decent diagram for this guitar? Any help here would be greatly appricated. A good picture of a completely wired control cavity would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. Are there any problems associated with using automotive grade paints for a refinish?

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my coil tap is on a seperate switch. Eventhough this diagram isn't exactly right for my application, it may be close enough to be useful.

Thanks again,

Mike

By the way, I forgot to include the fact that my project guitar uses a Kahler Spyder.

hmm, most people dont realize that most of the original fender finishes are actually automotive paints, ever heard of fiesta red (ford), or ever heard of dakota red (cadilliac) or speaking of the caddy, how about daphne blue, yea all kinda neato colors that were on cars found a nice home on fenders too, and the hardwood kind that make music, not the metal ones that go around the wheels :D ok im done being silly, but yea, automotive finishes are a ok, good luck

• 2 weeks later...