Spider Panel

Unfortunately I had to displace my local writing spider to make this panel,She wasn't hurt, I hope she comes back, she has two egg sacks ready to pop. I sprayed her webwith spray paint and draped a sanded panel across the web, then I added a poly coating to seal it. I might make this the back panel of the LED Logo Walnut studio stand that I hope to send to SEGAS with Blackfoot.

SpiderwebPanel001.jpg

I found the writing spider, actually my wife found her on the porch this AM. She's alive and well and working hard for us, I moved her back to her favorite spot... Writing spiders build a new web every day so it's pretty tough to get them before they are gone, and the last thing i want is to make her want to leave... This amp stand is looking awesome. I'm putting a poly coat over each web I find. Once I get enough webs transferred it will be ready to assemble:) Hope y'all like it! Josh

page1-2.jpg

That would look really cool on a guitar. Sweet.

yes it would! Go for it my friend! Would love to see a guitar body with an authentic web on it, sooooo much nicer than a drawing or painting. Please be nice to spiders, and be safe, they bite:) I like to relocate them before i use any paint as they are sensitive to fumes. A jar works good, but you'll want a stick to get them off the web.

yes it would! Go for it my friend! Would love to see a guitar body with an authentic web on it, sooooo much nicer than a drawing or painting. Please be nice to spiders, and be safe, they bite:) I like to relocate them before i use any paint as they are sensitive to fumes. A jar works good, but you'll want a stick to get them off the web.

one more thing! Don't use too much poly or cover spray at first, it dissolves the paint and will sort of blur the web if you are not careful. Just use enough to make sure it makes good contact with the surface of the wood, then come back later to get a good coat over the web.

I'd have to go back to Louisiana during the summer. All the big ones come out then. :D

• 2 weeks later...