Crate V50 212 Tube Combo Problem

carlosnelson

I purchased a used Crate amp about 2 weeks ago from TGC & had it shipped to a local store. I tested it & worked & sounded great. However, the other day I noticed when I turned the amp volume down to zero on my guitar still played a regular volume. The amp also gets very hot after 30 min. of use.

I also noticed the amp volume to be extremely low when none of the Boss pedals were on 7 that's on both channels. Anyone know what this problem is & is it an expensive repair

Edited by carlosnelson

frome what i under stand the v5 v18 v33 and v50 where one of crates first tries at a chinese built tube amp and they where so so. the best ones being the v5 and v18 both single channel the v5 from what i under stands does ok with a speaker upgrade (they all need speaker upgrades). the v18 had a horrible reverb and was way too bassy (i had one it was ok for a 150 dollar amp). the v33 and v50 where just a mess frome what i read any way (i did a lot of research befor buying the v18)

the first problem i dont have a clue the volume should work if not maybe check the pot and make sure its good.

as far as getting hot its a tube amp they get hot. now if its getting hot enough your scared it will catch fire you may want to take it back to gc

the boss pedal problem i would guess your pedal is the cause.