Aged Mullberry In Strat?

Hi!!

i am planning my new strat and have in mind Yngie Malmsteen model.On the other side i have no alder for body but i have some pieces of aged mullbery.I was wondering if i achieve the wanted tone ,by using this wood.I have some other alternatives such as sycamore,cherry,padauk.

About the neck i am planning to use maple...What is your opinion??have you ever worked a strat whith any of those woods???Any other probable alternative????

Some might argue but really, the wood has very little to do with the final tone. Wood can affect sustain but really, that's minimal. Electronics are more important in a solid body than the actual wood. But again, some might and likely will argue with this....

this is a whole discussion issue!!i think the truth is somewhere in the middle!

Only way to really find out is to give it a shot. If it ends up not sounding the way you want, building a new body is not the end of the world. I doubt too many people around here have made a body of aged mulberry, and any that have, probably have not made the same guitar out of another wood to compare tonal differences with. I say go for it.

Only way to really find out is to give it a shot. If it ends up not sounding the way you want, building a new body is not the end of the world. I doubt too many people around here have made a body of aged mulberry, and any that have, probably have not made the same guitar out of another wood to compare tonal differences with. I say go for it.

:D ur right!!