Project's In Progress

In preparation for an entire build, I wanted to see how well I can do a carved top. I have an rg7321 I dont use very much, and the shape is less then inspiring!

So... I chopped it up! Tried chiseling it out, but that failed, so I just went to town with some 40 grit sandpaper and a nice powered rotary sander.

I also cut the treble side horn a bit to make it more "fluid", sculpted the heel for a COMFORTABLE transition, not just a block of wood in the way. Don't worry, I just applied some primer to see where any imperfections lie, so its just something my ****-ness compells me to do. I think the carve came out pretty nice, and the shorter treble horn seems to balanced nicely (in my opinion, criticism ALWAYS welcome).

"big picture", the headstock will be painted to match.

dscn0193of.jpg

Closer image, ignore the discoloration, its simply where sanding sealer remained intact, so it stuck out better.

dscn0194gc.jpg

Back side, you can see the contouring on the heel. Obviously sanded back and not near finishing.

dscn0196p.jpg

2nd project. ebay JS1000 body, ibanez 540R neck. I've always wanted a "js 1" style guitar, but they are super rare, usually beat up, and come at a premium. So, I'll just build one myself! Im unsure why I decided to paint the neck, but I think its a cool effect. Still needs to finish curing all the way before I attack it with sandpaper, but its coming along swell. Going with all black hardware, ibanez edge, PAF Pro neck, and IBZ/USA f2 bridge. No fancy electronics, keeping it simple.

Front

dscn0197y.jpg

Back

dscn0198v.jpg