Seymour Duncan - Hot Rodded Push/pull Setup

JL10W

Hey everybody,

I'm looking to install a set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pickups in my Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

The thing is... well I know they can be wired for coil splitting, and that interests me, and I think it makes sense to give myself the full ability of the pickups I purchased.

So this raises a few questions, and I have only been left to researching this 100% on my own so I wanted to make sure what I'm thinking is right before I go forward with anymore progress.

So in order to coil split I would need pots that can allow for that. Perhaps a kit like this? I was also looking at a wiring diagram like this.

I imagine this is a pretty common question, so I apologize if I could have just as easily read a thread about this somewhere on the site, but I decided to take a chance and ask instead after looking through the tutorial section and not finding exact answers to my questions.

If there is a thread somewhere already about this I would gladly read it.

Thank you in advance! :D

well its a good thing you asked the wiring diagram isnt for splitting coils its used to mute your pickups. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w_1pp

here is the one you want that is if you have a two knob setup. overall the wiring on a splitcoil is pretty simple all your doing is grounding the two wires that are connected.

also i wouldnt buy the whole kit all you need is two 500k push pull pots.

• 2 weeks later...

well its a good thing you asked the wiring diagram isnt for splitting coils its used to mute your pickups. http://www.seymourdu...2h_1v_1t_3w_1pp

here is the one you want that is if you have a two knob setup. overall the wiring on a splitcoil is pretty simple all your doing is grounding the two wires that are connected.

also i wouldnt buy the whole kit all you need is two 500k push pull pots.

the schematic he posted doesn't mute the pickups its a dual coil cut mode so you can do one or the other