Active Pickups, Wiring Ideas/plans/mods

wickerwolf

Hi all, after some googling ive decided on 2 simple mods to do to go with my new active pickups, but before i do them could somebody look at the schematic and check it all looks right?

The 2 mods are;

Solo mod - SPDT toggle, which takes the signal from the 5 way selector and then sends it to either volum\tone or directly to the jack (bypassing the vol\tone circuit)

Cap selector - SPDT toggle, with a cap on each possiton connecting to the tone pot, giving me 2 choices of cap.

Heres my schematics (both are the same just 1 is neater looking)

qYS6VoR.jpg

14bGtKz.jpg

If theres any other mods that people think would be usefull please chip in, also im sure i recall a user here who did a simmilar tone\cap selector but also put trim pots before the caps, if i wanted to do this what value trim pots would i need?

Thanks.

i dont know about iron gear but i have delt with emg's and here is what i would do. forget the bypass switch and cap swtich use the larger capacitor actives react different to the tone circuit i would do 18v and use a higher value pot 500k is fine it will give you nearly the same effect as a bypass swtich without anouther switch to mess with.

Well after a days testing and playing around the actives are now back out the axe and will be listed on gumtree, there not nesseceraily bad sounding but theres something about them, i dont like, the mix of bridge and neck pickup gave a nice lead tone. But for rythm, i just couldnt warm to them.

Before taking them back out i rewired them to both stock and moded (tried an 86 cap and a 33 cap) to see if i could get the tone i wanted but no luck.

So now i've got a set of bare knuckle black hawks ordered and they will be going in on tuesday.

They didnt feel alive, the notes were all thick and clear but the dynamics were lacking, very compressed kind of sound, glad i didnt drop more money on emg's or blackouts now. Took the plunge and invested in the bare knuckle black hawks, and a new oak 5 way switch. The guitars got a tone and volume pot in it, and hooked up using cloth covered and waxed wire, using a .22 cap on the tone. So it should be a simple drop in of the new pickups when they arive.