Wooden Pickup Covers For Single Coil

So I am in the midst of planning a new build and it will have three single coils like a strat. The problem is that there will be no pickguard and I think that strat pickups are ugly, especially without a pickguard. So I was thinking I would like to make some wooden covers. I made a prototype this evening, basic soapbar shape about 1.3" by 3.6" with a roughly .125" wall. Four mounting screws in the corners and the two height adjustment screws, no holes for the pole pieces.

The issue is that the screws look wildly out of place. I would love to have some sort of cover that has no visible screws or holes. So here is what I am thinking, though I am totally open to other ideas. I am thinking of making it in two pieces, first piece would be the four vertical sides, the top will have an opening the same size as a pickguard cutout, and the mounting screws and height adjustment screws will be here, all recesses slightly. Then I will make a cap that will attach via magnes or small alignment rods or something. I have some 1/8" diameter rare earth magnets that would work well for this purpose.

Like I said, suggestions or any other ideas are welcomed.

are you sure you want to put rare earth magnets near the pickups? that doesnt seem like the best of ideas

doing a rear route for the pickups and mimicking the pickup covers out of wood may give you what you want. not just a top cover, but the whole cover. it will wind up a little bigger than a standard strat pickup but depending on the wood, it might just have the look you are going for

Hmm, yesterday was a very long day, so it never even crossed my mind the using of magnets. I could still get away with slip-fit alignment pins, but rear routing is a possibility. I'll have to look into that.