Bridge retro fit....

If you do a search, you'll find a couple of threads started on this (by meself actually). I can merely pass on the onformation i was given:

It can be done but the bridge will either need to be recessed into the body or the neck angled. This is beacuse the Floyd would sit high quite on top of the body and the string action would be rather high. Changing the neck angle may be complicated or undesirable, perhaps recessing the tremolo into the body is a better idea. I am actually in the process of a conversion....its going slowly as i dont have a neck at the moment. I am planning on having zero neck angle and recessing the trem. The depth of the recess cannot be calculated until i know the exact dimensions of the neck. Sorry i can't provide any more information although i may post a tutorial if sucessful...

Chris

Thanks for the reply's.

I figured there would have to be routing involved, but I was more concerned with the posts. Everything I've read has the posts spread out more than the Wilkinson (which is on there now.) I was hoping they had a floyd with the same post spacing so I didn't have extra holes.

Maybe a little background would help. The whole reason of switching to a floyd is because when I put this guitar together, I bought a wilkinson and a jackson neck that has the Floyd locking nut without thinking. Well, I can't use the locking nut without fine tuners. Thus, my retro problem. :D

I'll try searching and see what I find.

Thanks,