Hear 'n Aid

MikeB

when in the rant area i thought alex and guitar maestro were gonna have a strat battle, a battle of solos or whatever, but it was an arguement about the strat as a guitar, however at the end i said i thought it would have been a solo off thing, and guitar maestro and nvjbkim thought it was cool....

see thread.

well, i think this would be cool.

like a backing track to record a solo over, like a blues 12 bar progression, and each contributer gets 12 or 24 bars or whatever, and then its all stitched together in a sequencecr.

any views would be cool. even if it doesnt get posted on PG we could get a web page done, i have webspace, but not alot of time.

anyone interested in this, and any ability, all ability welcomed - everyone should have a shot at this. perhaps stitch together the solos in different clusters, i donno, please input!!!

id be glad to do any "stitching together etc... on a sequencer... perhaps even get a bass and drums groove thrown in, courtesy of MIDI perhaps!!

anyhow, ill be going

later guys!!

Great idea!

I think it would be cool if one backing track gets posted each month. Then eveybody plays a solo over it and posts his version and the forum members vote who made the most of the backing track in the end. Concerning the different ability of different players: I think it would be very good this way. Because if we do it like MikeB suggested and everybody plays some choruses of one song, then the difference between pros and beginners would be much more obvious. If someone plays his version of the tune alone, then he can do it with great style or originality if he is not the shredder someone else might be and still get a great result....

GuitarMaestro Posted on Jan 21 2004, 10:34 PM

Great idea!

If someone plays his version of the tune alone, then he can do it with great style or originality if he is not the shredder someone else might be and still get a great result.... 

Amen to that!! nail has been hit squarely on the head!!!

this sort of thing has been suggested before, but basically it was a solo of the month, i think a solos of PG forum members a month would be cooler, less judging, and easier to do, for example for deciding solo of the month there would be lots of different styles. fer example, how would you decide (fairly) between a highly technical solo, and a highly melodic solo.... both are equally good, in different ways, the technicality because of the ability, melodic because it may move you or whatever... can shredding and country solos be compared, not really, so i say combine or have all styles thrown in!!!