Tele neck upgrade with screw ups and fixes

I decided to use the extra neck I was making for my tele squire, just figured I'd do a few upgrades to there design imo. 

Its ambrosia maple neck/ ambrosia maple fretboard, 21 fret, stainless steel medium jumbo frets, it'll be 12" radius fretboard, 1/4" nut instead of the usual 1/8", 12* headstock angle by scarf joint in the headstock. 

I had s few screw ups that I have fixed so I figured I would show those. My first was when cutting the blank down to where it wasn't so wide I cut to far into the headstock and lost the whole top part of my headstock, I cut a new piece and glued it in then just rerouted it using my template. 

Second when I was routing the headstock my router slipped and took a chunk out of my neck where the nut would sit, I cut a little piece of maple and then sanded the radius of the router bit into it, glued it up and then chiseled/sanded it to where it was level with the neck. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1