Sharing Guitar Plans

Woltz

Yes you can get it close, no doubt about that. And if you have an accurately reproed photo you can get it just like the original. Such photos are hard to come by, though. 

If you think about shape as visual equivalent to a musical score you may understand my view point better. Not everyone can hear a wrong or out of tune notes. Some can hear them but don’t care. Then there are some who can hear them and do care 😁

The human eye is a surprisingly accurate instrument, a wrong angle of a line can be as disturbing as a note that's just a few seconds out of tune. I've learned to listen to pendulum clocks on the wall, it's easy to hear if they're not hanging straight. And annoying. And the owner may not notice it at all after decades!

• 3 months later...

This is awesome

I would like to have the PDF and AI files for the PRS Vela if you wouldn't mind sharing them?  my email harvey19-90@hotmail.com

On 5/3/2020 at 6:29 PM, Woltz said:

One of the things I actually enjoy about the build process is drawing plans.  Here are plans I've drawn so far for guitars that either don't have plans available or it is difficult to find, all of them are still being refined and having details added so they are at different stages of completeness.  However, if you would like any of them then send me a message and I'm happy to share them.  As with all plans you should print them and create templates and test fit everything to ensure everything fits properly first.

BC Rich Eagle

ajFAHCF.jpg

BC Rich Seagull

SEdwtMt.jpg

Malcolm Young Gretsch

542q9dq.jpg

PRS S2 Vela

uxqCofX.jpg

Steinberger XT-2

bhtNao9.jpg

Rickenbacker 330/12 (with a wider 660/12 neck)

eeSvgAL.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...