One piece headless

Hi and welcome to the addiction!

Recycling wood with some sort of history into guitars does add a certain vibe. The only wooden parts in my boat are the two plywood benches and I guess they're better as such than as guitars...

Just for clarification, are you rather talking about neck-through than one piece? I mean, that one looks wide enough for a neck but there's no room for pickups or controls. You're going to glue wings to that stick, aren't you?

The exact dimensions of that block might be helpful. Based on the locking "teeth" connecting the mat pieces it looks quite narrow especially since the edges are heavily rounded over. The pickups and bridge are about 90mm wide including attaching screws and pickup rings. The pickup cavities are about 20 mm deep and the highest spot of the fingerboard is about 10 mm above the body. I'm talking about a Fender type instrument here with no neck break angle. Structural integrity is what I'm after. Maybe a sketch will help telling what I mean:

kuva.png.03f9e5462e11135ef9e2bf01e362668b.png

That block is a bit on the small side. Not saying that you can't use it but it may not be ideal for a neck-through unless you make it very thin. As you can see by comparing the block to your existing neck the roundover makes it a bit too narrow for a fretboard which means you'll have to plane some 5 mm off the upper side. That will be then replaced with a fretboard so the thickness will become the same. However there's a similar roundover on the other side which will make gluing the wings challenging.

I suggest a compromise: Make it a semi-neck-thru! Simplified it means that you cut the roundovers off and route a full length channel for the neck on the body.

kuva.png.f528387afacb3aff041216e25bc73b0c.png