BC And a COW

Akula

Thanks guys. The 7-string definitely falls under the "reserved" category, but that's exactly what the customer wanted - he's got two of my builds now, and both are very nondescript, no-bs machines designed for function over flashiness. The BC? Well, it's not actually a BC Rich design, more influenced by two of their models. The 7-string customer actually visited my shop a few weeks ago, saw the BC, and remarked "oh, I think I ordered the wrong guitar!". I think I'll be building him a seven string version of it in the future.

The BC is currently experiencing some nut issues. I left the blank too high, so my intonation and action is way out. Furthermore, due to the lateral break angle, I find the low and high strings can pop off the nut during heavy picking. I could remove the nut, lower the stock, and reinstall, but I've ordered some new nut files to replace my knackered old ones and the plan is to cut the slots deeper to their proper string heights, then possibly V-out the tops of the slots if I find string binding issues. It's a graphtec nut so I feel it'll be a bit more forgiving than bone. 

- Jam