Looking for a few specs for a PRS 24 build

Puck02

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, I can't tell you any exact numbers - I guess you've scrolled through all the drawings available through Google...

That said, there's workarounds! Let's start with what we know:

• You do know the thickness of the body
  • You do know how much the fretboard should be above the body
  • You do have an idea about how much body wood there should be under the heel (to me it looks like 10-15 mm)
  • You do know the height of the bridge

So... The height of the bridge and the depth of the neck pocket/thickness of the heel determine the neck break angle. PRS bridges don't seem to be very tall, similarly to Fenders, but the neck seems to be seated deeper which requires a slight angle. There's two ways to create that angle: Either you carve the neck pocket to an angle or you shape the heel somewhat wedge shaped. A simple full size drawing featuring the string line and the bridge height will show the angle, of course it can also be calculated.

The depth of the neck cavity depends on the thickness of the neck or rather the heel of the neck. If the body is roughly 50 mm thick and you want a 15 mm base for the neck, the cavity would be 35 mm which means the heel should be at least as thick below the fretboard. But if the upper bout is slanted the cavity should follow those measurements. Anyhow, the most simple way is to measure the thickness of the body and fit the neck accordingly.

Here's a rough illustration about the neck break angle versus no angle:

image.png.7a75c91fee66a49375e81f8626779e90.png