Effects pedals and Multi effects units

Crusader

Six months ago I bought a Boss GT-1000 and it sounds great but it does my head in with all the buttons. So I decided to try individual pedals. I already had three and bought another three so now have - Tuner, Super Overdrive, Delay, Tremelo, Compression CS-3 and Noise Suppressor NS-2

The GT already has all this stuff in it but going into the menu to make changes is such a "blind" experience I forget what I'm doing. The individual pedals have the dials right there and I'm hoping that I will learn what they do more easily

Anyone have thoughts on this topic, experience, suggestions etc?

Not any suggestions but having owned a multi effect or two I know what you are talking about. Too much fiddling. For the last couple of years I have only had overdrive (TS mini now), a booster (lpb1) and tuner between guitar and amp. And a delay in the effects loop (hardly ever gets used). I have some other pedals on the shelf but they don’t see much use these days. Multi effects have found new owners. 

• Like 1

I like your thinking, keep it minimal. The three pedals I already had were Overdrive, Delay and Tuner (oh and a volume pedal) very handy if changing guitars

With the songs I'm doing they have Youtube tutorials and they have info on the effects being used, (usually Kemper or Helix) and I started getting too wrapped up in trying to get the same sound