Bandsaw Grief

spindlebox

Can’t say for sure but when you grab the blade on the video it appears to me that it doesn’t have enough tension. How much is enough you may ask. And that is a good question. It depends on the blade in use. I tighten it up to a point where it feels solid and runs straight. Make a test cut and if it doesn’t cut straight I tension it a bit more. And repeat the procedure until I get a straight cut and everything sounds about right. You don’t want to over tighten obviously. If you do there is a change you snap the blade or ruin your bearings. 

9 minutes ago, henrim said:

Can’t say for sure but when you grab the blade on the video it appears to me that it doesn’t have enough tension. How much is enough you may ask. And that is a good question. It depends on the blade in use. I tighten it up to a point where it feels solid and runs straight. Make a test cut and if it doesn’t cut straight I tension it a bit more. And repeat the procedure until I get a straight cut and everything sounds about right. You don’t want to over tighten obviously. If you do there is a change you snap the blade or ruin your bearings. 

I will give that a shot.  I actually resawed a piece right after that, and it did pretty good!!!  I would post the video here if I could.  Maybe I'll take a screenshot and post it.

• 4 weeks later...