Guitar headstock

I have an older Epiphone s900 and it seems to have the headstock logo being a pearl inlay. I am having to repaint the headstock but it will cover the original inlay. Can anyone make a repop waterslide decal that I could replace this with. I can not see anyway to paint the headstock and keep the original inlay. I would ove to buy I see no way of pulling it off. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Replacing a pearl inlay with a waterslide doesn't sound right...

How about using dye instead of paint and then applying a clearcoat over that? You could even start by carefully covering just the logo to protect if from getting stained.

If using paint is a must because of metal flake paint or visible patches, you could use the same clearcoating technique: Put a piece of semi transparent masking tape over the logo. Then score the outlines of the logo with an x-acto knife to make a template. Apply clearcoat through the template, trying to get a thick uniform layer. Then peel the template off and apply the paint. The logo should now stand proud and you should be able to scrape and sand the paint off the logo. Then apply the final clearcoat to cover both the paint and the revealed logo.

"Epiphone by Gibson", not the masking job I would like to take. But that's what I would do if I had to. Use proper masking film (frisket). Liquid film would probably be my choice in this case. That and bizman's clear coat trick.

If you are not repainting with different colour and only doing a touchup job, you may get away without masking but that's hard to know without seeing the the headstock.