Pickup swap

Helmut

Hey guys,  I’m new at this so please be patient.  I have a 2010 Gibson Studio LP and am swapping out Humbuckers for GFS Dream and Mean.  The studio already has old quick connects and the GFS have the Kwikplugs.  The question how do I connect them properly with the different wiring??

Hi and welcome!

I'm by no means an electrician but as I did a search for both systems it appears that they both use up to five conductors including the shield. Thus "all" you need to do is to match the conductors...

An adapter would be the easiest way but there don't seem to be ready made ones although the parts look very standard. Maybe if you ask GFS for one? Another option is to get a replacement cable with the plug and right amount of conductors installed. The 4 conductor version seems to be in stock: https://www.guitarfetish.com/Kwikplug-Replacement-4-Conductor-Cable-145-_p_21890.html . Getting a ready soldered harness would be the easiest way but they seem to be out of stock. But maybe available somewhere else?

And as said the connectors are standard so if you're good at soldering tiny things making a pair of adapters wouldn't require any rocket scientist skills.