Jump to content

Tremolo mounting

Recommended Posts

So, the guitar I'm repairing for my use has a tremolo that looks a lot like this one:


On the end of the tail, where the strings are supposed to connect to the tremolo, there are six holes. I'm not sure how to mount the strings there. It looks like there might be some sort of hardware I need to get for it, to put in the holes that will hold it. Anybody know what I'm talking about? What do I need? And where can I get it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought on those the strings just slide through the tailpiece flange on the end and rely on the brass wound insert to keep them attached. I could be wrong, haveent dealt with many Jazzmasters. Borut would know his father is a addicted when it comes to those models :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...