scalloped necks pro&cons

Hi I'm rebuilding an old kramer beretta and I going to order a new neck from where ever Warmoth maybe and I was thinking about one of those half scalloped jobies ya know from the 12th fret up does anyone have any experience with scalloped necks and what do you know about Warmoth's necks.

Warmoth's products are top notch from eveyrthing I heard and expirienced so far. Concerning the scalloped neck: I would go in a store and check out a scalloped Yngwie Malmsteen signature strat. There are no real pros and cons for scalloping, as it is a matter of taste. Many people feel that scalloped necks give them a better grip of the strings and a better feel. It just a thing you have to try and either you like it or not. Don't buy a scalloped neck only because other people tell you they like the scalloping....

Yeh I supose I should shop around and see if I can find one to try. From what I've heard I think I might like it. Then again maybe I'll be tripping over strings and sqeezing to hard and end up hating it. thanks for the advice and I'll let you all know what I end up with.

Welcome to the forum Gitbox :D

Pros-They take awhile to get used to but you sure can pull off some excellent bends and vibrato's once your confortable...........

Cons-Hard to find one with a simular shape to your original neck unless of course your a diehard Strat player, Also they take awhile to get use to and feel very uncomfortable if your used to going to the wood all of the time.