Boutique Pre-Amp / Mesa 20/20 Help

StreamLine

ok, i have recently purchased a pre-amp to start my rackmount rig.......

its made by this company called Metalhead Electronics and its called 'Elan MKII'......... the pre-amp was built in North Hollywood, USA (d'uh! )........ basically i've found nothing on it, but it appears to be a rare boutique pre-amp.... and i was wondering if you know anything at all about it....

from what i've found jst by looking at its components, is that its a 2 channel SS amp, with 5 12ax7 tubes, which makes it an ultra hybrid amp, as its the tubes that overdrive the circuits....

i foud this baby for $200 on ebay......... steal of the century

secondly i'm looking for a power amp to go with it, and from my research mesa 20/20 looks to be just perfect....... what do you think of it? i mean i really need all the opinions i can get on it, as the cheapest i coudl get one would be about $450 used (i think...)....

would there be any other suggestions? i'm aiming to get a tone taht'd sort be a cross between Vai and Petrucci....

so yeh, any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,

Roman

i mean i know, i do know the specs, but stuff i mean regarding the pre-amp is stuff like what the company who like, who endorsed it, is this a well known maker / amp etc.....

and surely some opinions on the mesa? i cant belive nobody here hasnt got anything to say about it....

so, please guys?

:D