The Planarian Jellycaster Sings!

Jehle

First off here's the link to the MP3...

Vegetarian Planarian

This is a song that I actually wrote for my wife a long time ago. We were not together at the time and I was very frustrated by that. Perhaps the riff shows that.

Now, all is well, we're together but I've always had this riff in my head. The new Planarian Jellycaster was perfect to run through the song. I tried every pickup combination and knob twiddle that I could, and used at least 4 different amp settings. One is a little practice amp with a dead battery, you'll hear it, trust me. This song also has the best clean sound that I've ever recorded.

I'm happy with it even though there's no solo to speak of. It's just a nice groove.

Enjoy it!

Oh yeah and do you have a broadband connection?

I just had a closer listen. A jehlecaster tuned down to D................man you rock!!!!! hehehehehe!

Do I have broad band, well, yes and no. At home I use an ancient 56K modem that maxes out at 28K. At work I have a T1 so I can do anything there. B)

I've done collaborations before in that way. Record at home, copy to laptop, email at work, etc. That's worked out good in the past. email can be flakey sometimes so it helps to have server space available to act as a middle man. That way, you just send links through the email and you can get the huge sound files when you want them.

For recording, I use ACID 2.0 for my stuff. I need to upgrade at least to 3.0 for better mp3 support. I litterally bought ver 2.0 the month before version 3.0 came out. Now that ver 4.0 is out, I should be able to find 3.0 in the bargin bin somewhere. :D With that in mind, a collaboration sounds fun.

Good ear on spotting the Dropped D tuning. I still feel like I should solo over it, but I never got a good solo tone on the guitar. Once I find the right tone I may add one on. Otherwise it's just a pop song waiting for lyrics. I wonder if Chris Cornell is available this weekend? :D

• 4 weeks later...