schecter

nomusicnolife555

Well, i've got a Schecter A-7+ 7-string guitar.....the weirdy avenger shape with teh upturned horn at the top B)

And its been amazingly, jaw-droppinly...OK :D The pups were shite, the pole pieces didn't even line up with the strings - i don't think they were F-spaced, though why they didn't put F-spaced strings on a Floyd Rose gutiar beats me....

So i got some guy to put 2 EMG-707s in there...now it rules :D

The liscenced bridge is crap too B) but i'm hoping to get an Original Floyd Rose 7-string from Derek's site and fit that in....then this guitar will be the daddy

Apart from the hardware, the guitar quality is really good.....good chunky solid HEAVY body and well-made neck.....

I'm not gonna insult Schecter!! :D But i dunno if i'd buy another........because they don't make 7-strings anymore, before you go psycho :D

I'm not gonna insult Schecter!! :D But i dunno if i'd buy another........because they don't make 7-strings anymore, before you go psycho B)

I think you are mistaken. The 007 Elite, Omen 7 and BlackJack C-7 (new for 2004) are all still listed.

yeah they are still around...i have been looking at them....if only they had one with emgs and a real floyd

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
Other than that, yes it is made by ESP (all the diamond series is) and quality is great. Only problem I have is how long I had to wait. Schecter USA liteally forgot to place 6 prders for the C1+FR. I was number 2 on that list. I called my dealer and the called me back and said "OK, so here's the deal. Schecter forgot to tell ESP to make your guitar. Five other guys are in your boat. So you get a free case and a few free sets of strings."

To me, that sounds like a line of BS from your dealer. As far as i know, ESP is a small Japanese company and they do not have any manufacturing facilities of their own in Korea. ESP guitars are handmade in Japan, and their LTD line are mass produced in Korea. Just as Schecters are made in the USA, but their Diamond Series are mass produced in Korea, likely in the same factory as many other brands.

Samick/Cort/World are contract manufacturers that build guitars for ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, Fender, Gibson, etc. for their import lines, as well as their own brands.

Fine, LTD....still, I stand behind what I said. Thing is, they were trying to D-con the model, and I assume they thought they could jerk ppl around hoping they'd give up. Whatever, I have a killer guitar.