I need help to make a template

Here's what I did to make a good-ish Jazzmaster template.

1, find a pic of it on the net (must be a good photo, flat and straight on, not at an angle) and print it off - try Warmoth, they've got some pretty good images in teh bodies section fo their on-line catalogue.

Ifound a pic of the body i want to make

2, decide scale length you want (you could maybe half it for convenience).

lets say i want a normal scale of the neck for the bodie i want

3, Blow up the photo on a photocopier using A3 until the scale length of the photo matches your real-life scale length.

this is where i get confused

4, Copy the body area (will probably take a few sheets of A3 which you'll need to stick together

this i understand

5, You should then have a full size body shape which you can trace onto your template material and shape

and this i also understand

I guess I'm relatively lucky in that area. I have an ACAD program and use pre-existing drawings, hopefully drawn to scale, or I'll draw my own. I then email the drawing(s) to my buddy at work who has access to a 36" plotter. He prints it out for me and I give him smoked salmon and beer and let him play my guitar when it is done.

Are you buying a neck? If so, that will determine your scale i.e. the distance from the nut to the 12th fret = 1/2 of your scale.

If you have a picture of the guitar with the neck on and you know the scale, you can then determine the actual measyrements if the body. For instance, on a Tele with a 25 1/2" scale, you know that the distance from the nut to the bridge = 25 1/2" and therefore 1" on the picture will = X" on the actual body.

well i get stuck at # 2 and 3

how do i determine the scale i want???

Lets i want to build a tele what a standard scale and how do i photocopie it to the right size??

well you need 2 points on the guitar for which you know the distance apart they're supposed to be, like the nut and 12th fret (the bridge gets a bit tricky on small pics) then you figure out your multiplier from that... but photocopiers aren't the best.... cad and a printer.... or one of those hudge plotter printers they have a copy shops.... would be the best way to go...

i think guitarbuild.com had a cad file for a jaguar..... same thing?