repairs to Eko Ranger 121

You're talking about a truss rod adjustment. You wouldn't happen to live in the Victoria, BC area, would you? Because a buddy of mine named Willy did a bit of cosmetic work on an EKO 12 string with that very same problem. I noticed the high action due to a little sinking action forward of the bridge. I offered to fix that but he said the owner was happy with it the way it was.

Anyway, look for an access hole for the truss rod. Its very likely located under a small plate screwed into the base of the headstock. The truss rod controls the "relief" of the neck, a very slight bow is required to allow the strings to clear frets when playing. I'm not sure what sort of tool is required but the EKO archtop I have has a small barrel fitting with 4 holes drilled into the four quarters of the barrel. Adjustment is done by inserting a steel rod and cranking a quarter turn at a time. Other truss rod designs require an Allen (hex) key or a flat screwdriver.

You just have to figure which way to turn the rod and how much to lessen the bow in the neck. A straightedge helps quite a bit at determining your progress. BTW, welcome to the board!

The trussrod does not adjust action, and trying to get the action down by using one is asking for trouble. Sure, a correctly set neck relief will allow you to get lower action without buzz, but it won't actually lower the action itself.

If the strings are too high off the fretboard at the body end, you probbaly need to tweak the neck angle. In this case you are very lucky that the Eko is bolt neck acoustic! You'll probably need to shim the end of the neck closest to the bridge, with a paper or cardboard shim, the thickness depends on how much you need to alter the neck angle. A shim as thick as a decent business card can produce dramatic results, so experiment until the action is where you want it.