GREAT WORK FROM BRIAN!!!!

DaveK

Damn i was hoping that worked lol im trying to get some $ to get my "g/f" a guitar ...actully if i posted some pics i had of her im sure id get money but that aint happening :DB)

Rich :D

Guest AlexVDL
You know the tiny eye and nose holes....... how will they be done? wud they be done by drillin little holes and filling them with a mixture of glue and fretboard dust/shavings?

Exactly! B) I always fill the holes (and contours of the inlays) with black dust and put a little drop of superglue on it. It will soak the dust and will become very hard. And after that just sand the surface.

Wanna see the fretboard in real, made from real MOP shell? It's not finished yet...

sk.jpg

:D:D:D

You know the tiny eye and nose holes....... how will they be done? wud they be done by drillin little holes and filling them with a mixture of glue and fretboard dust/shavings?

Exactly! :D I always fill the holes (and contours of the inlays) with black dust and put a little drop of superglue on it. It will soak the dust and will become very hard. And after that just sand the surface.

Wanna see the fretboard in real, made from real MOP shell? It's nog finished yet...

sk.jpg

:D:D:D

B) Thats sweet!....... now all i gotta do is find sumwhere that sells the woods for body and neck and fretboard in the Uk..... B)

Guest AlexVDL

That's a real nice guitar... but I like em all smashed up and reliced :D

My dreamguitar is an Ibanez JS2CH!

A couple of years ago a friend of mine got hold of a guy who sold 4 of them for $7500 each :D

I think I would be better off buying a JS1000 and have it chromed/nickeled at guns girls and guitars (or something like that).

Anyone ever dealt with them?

:D:DB)

A couple of years ago a friend of mine got hold of a guy who sold 4 of them for $7500 each :D

I think I would be better off buying a JS1000 and have it chromed/nickeled at guns girls and guitars (or something like that).

Never dealt with, but haven't heard much good about them. the ones I've seen being sold on ebay are never good pictures, nothing up close, and always around the hard edges, pickup cav's, routes etc, it looks bubbly and chipped. Rich Harris I think has seen one, and he basically calls them butchers as I recall from a customer I had who wanted to do that. I know from plating motorcycle parts, that for what they charge, they can't be doing much of a job.

nope i havent.... but im thinking of makiung a replica of a ibanez. just dont know what model yet......

now all i gotta do is find sumwhere that sells the woods for body and neck and fretboard in the Uk.....  B)

www.luthierssupplies.co.uk :D (no, i dont work for them, i just find them very helpful!)

i know that site does have alloy of stuff i just find it very akward to browse..... and also it would be better with pictures...... im just wondering if anyone could get me all the reference numbers and prices for the 3 following items to start my Jaguar project.

Basswood body Blank,

Something ( whats this wood? ) to make the neck out of.....like this ( also to be 22 fretts )

SEO.jpg

And also maybe a fretboard blank ( but i may not need this )