Solid Body - Neck Combo

Hey

I've stumbled upon a store that sells Musical instrument quaality wood in massive boards, for insanely cheap prices. When I saw them I started thinking about making a guitar and neck out of one solid peice of tonewood such as Tasmanian Blackwood, and then capping it with a Mapple top and a Rosewood or Ebony fingerboard. My plan is to make a bass, and I was wondering....WILL THIS WORK?? Will this put to much pressure on my neck, cause toneal problems, or just contruction problems.

Thanks

Andrew

Anyone got that url?

Where is it: Its a place in Melbourne Australia (kinda far out for most of you guys), but I've been told (going in next week maybe...) that they sel enough Musical Instrument quality wood to make 5 guitar bodies for arround $100 USD. Cant remember the exact details, I;'ve got them written down on my computer, so I dont know what actual wood it was, or where the place is. All I can remember is that they were a furniturwe woods store or something.

What kinds of woods would be stable enough to do something like this?

Andrew