Had to disassemble the prototype guitar Saturday.

:D Needed to start getting measurements for the new bodies. Really hurt to take apart my "first born". If somebody finds a decent 25.5" scale bolt-on neck, let me know. I have to put her back together sometime.

By the way, that Cuban mahogany is real stable. It was several weeks since planing it down and it only took about 10 minutes total for both sides to true it up on the sanding plate. Tim and I got the maple veneer glued up on it Saturday despite several mishaps with titebond (such as the cap blowing off when the tip plugged making for a second emergency road trip to get more). We should both be able now to lay out the body shape and rout patterns and go to town. We also need to glue the bookmatched halves of the padauk together now that we have our clamps freed up from the laminating process.

We also tried a French polish and pumice wood filling technique on a couple of scrap pieces of wood but were less than impressed with our first efforts. Lots to learn about wood filling and finishing. That's it for now... Boggs