Looks like I'm building a Tele then...

Due to a mix up with my supplier instead of a un-cut blank I've been sent a Tele :D I've decided to keep it anyway, it will give me some much needed routing pratice B)

So here it is, it's only been roughly cut out with a bandsaw and needs sanding/routing etc, it's made from Piranha Pine :D I'm thinking of keeping it simple just a single humbucker, 1 vol, 1 tone pot, no scratchplate and routing the control cavity at the back.

Pictujackson.jpg

Ok so far, so good, I've printed out the Telecaster cad file from guitarbuild.com, after a few attemps I got it to print out at exactly the right scale. I placed the paper template on top of the wood and marked out the outline. This evening I've started sanding and so far it's looking good, I still have all of my fingers so that's a bonus :D

I should have some more pic's over the weekend B)

Feeling brave/stupid I decided to route the neck pocket without any guides or templates B) just a pencil line to follow.....and it looks pretty damm good to me :D

I'll post some more pics later, batteries need a charge :D

Nice freehand routing. :D Not for me, thank you. <grin>

Too bad they didn't send you the proper blank in the first place, but the Tele is one of the best shapes you could have been 'saddled' with anyhow.

More pics!

Greg

Here's a couple more pics, as you can see I still need to sand the inside the curves, I can't reach them with my belt sander :D , the wood to the right of the neck pockect also needs to be sanded straight.

All coments welcome... B)

ACFZMBQobqeQ.JPG

ACFANBRobqeQ.JPG

Feeling brave/stupid I decided to route the neck pocket without any guides or templates B) just a pencil line to follow.....and it looks pretty damm good to me :D

I'll post some more pics later, batteries need a charge :D

That would scare the crap outta me... but excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...