7-string tune-o-matic bridge

OK, I've been planning on making my own guitar (7-string les paul-esque electric) for quite some time and now I've finally ordered the wood for this project. I want to start ordering hardware and other parts in the relatively near future but am not sure what bridge to get and where to get it from, and have some other questions related to this too.

I want to use a seven string tune-o-matic style bridge for this. Has anyone here used such bridges for your guitars, and if so; which one, where did you get it from, and what did you think of it?

I haven't seen many sources for such bridges online.

• I've seen Allparts has one (which Universaljems sells) but judging from the tiny photo of it at universaljems.com (the only photo I've seen of it) it looks a bit different from the usual tune-o-matics I've seen.
  • Then there's this one that guitarpartsdepot.com sells. Anyone bought stuff from that website?
  • Finally I'm pretty sure TonePros builds 7-string tune-o-matics but I don't know if one can by them anywhere. Anyone know?

I guess the string spacing on TOMs is slightly narrower than on most other 7-string bridges too, yet the 7-string Dimarzio pickups are F-spaced only - will they work fine with a tune-o-matic style bridge anyway?

Finally, if I were to want to have piezo pickups, does anyone know if and where one can get piezo loaded saddles for 7-string TOM bridges? I haven't decided on this, just pondering the possibility...

/ Andreas Mattsson

GuitarJones has them here

If you want the TOnePros you can buy from WD Music Products here

The pickups will work fine. Remember about 16 years ago there was no such thing as F Spaced and noone complained. Now that F Spaced pickups are available there is a never ending debate that there is a difference. Personally I dont care if a pickup is fspaced or not. If I can get the pickup I need with f spacing, Fine. If I can't, no big deal

Piezos, Graphtech makes Tune O Matice Piezo set. I've dealt with thim before (Great People) They'll make up a 7 string Ghost system for you

GuitarJones has them here

If you want the TOnePros you can buy from WD Music Products here

The pickups will work fine. Remember about 16 years ago there was no such thing as F Spaced and noone complained. Now that F Spaced pickups are available there is a never ending debate that there is a difference. Personally I dont care if a pickup is fspaced or not. If I can get the pickup I need with f spacing, Fine. If I can't, no big deal

Piezos, Graphtech makes Tune O Matice Piezo set. I've dealt with thim before (Great People) They'll make up a 7 string Ghost system for you

Thanks a lot for your help! B)

Have WDMusic always sold the 7-string TonePros tune-o-matics? I must've been blind then because I could've sweared I've checked that website several times before without seeing 'em. :D

I didn't think the polepiece spacing thing would be an issue but it's always nice to hear the same thing from someone else.

And I'll have to see if I can contact Graph Tech again; I've sent them two e-mails before asking about this but never got an answer. Maybe they've blocked hotmail addresses or something... I'll try again sending from a different e-mail address or via their online form in their FAQ.

And I'll have to see if I can contact Graph Tech again; I've sent them two e-mails before asking about this but never got an answer. Maybe they've blocked hotmail addresses or something... I'll try again sending from a different e-mail address or via their online form in their FAQ.

I got my response from them the same day. Maybe there is a problem or something