First guitar

oh

since the headstock is like 1/4 in too thin and the tuners have screw in bushings, they get to the end before it hits the headstock, the top 4 have temporary washers. i might get thicker colored once to match the color scheme. and the bottom 2 i was experimenting what too do. in the end i screwed up the lower tuner, i decided to try to tighten it very hard to see how far it goes. Seems the geniouses that made the tuners made it thinner on the bottom. so the end result is that the bushing is thinner on the bottom than the top so im eaithor gonna

a. live with it

b. get a new bushing.

c. buy one of those extender keys that can drop tuniongs in a flip of a switch

He's only 14 and I would have at least lost a finger doing that at 14.

i almost did, couldnt play for 2 weeks, except it was trying to open a pag of peppironi to make the grub after i was getting bored working slit the top 1-2 cm of the tip of my finger, hurt like an ahem

PROHIBITED TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR/DECORUM:

Profanity or harsh language

that is from the rules page you agreed to when you signed on,truerussian

i already warned you once about your harsh language privately...instead of editing the next time,i will just delete the entire post

• 2 weeks later...

i doubt anybody is interested in the progress of this guitar, but i did make some prgress in the past 2-3 weeks.

1 i rounded over the guitar body, turned out that my borrowed roundover bit had a bearing that was to small, now i have this nice bevel that i have to sand/plane out

2. i made my own truss rod cover, since my recces was really ugly, it turned out pretty nice,

3. i made my own trem spring cavity cover, from some extra zebrawood. and reccesed it so that it is flush with the body, finally something that im proud of.

but now i have a problem

1. how do i drill the holes to mount the trem spring claw, since it is impossible to get there with almost any tool.

also i hae some finishing questions,

1. is shelac good for a sanding sealer. and can i paint my color, right over the shelac or should i use a primer.

will have some pictures later if anybody is interested, but i doubt it

2. what kind of finish should i put over the color coat. as i hjave no experience with finishing anything, besides staining an ikea foot stool