Piezo Placement

Andreas

Does the piezo element need to be placed near or on the bridje? Can`t it be placed just about anywhere on the guitar and still do the same job?..From what I understand the guitar vibrates as a system so the vibrations are throughout the guitar and the only way the placement would matter is if the guitar was vibrating in stationary waves like the strings and form nodes and antinodes.

When I did my test with one, I had it taped to the body in various locations and it picked up the sound just fine no matter where it was. I don't think it matters too much, although I think that probably the strongest sound will come from one attatched to the bridge directly, like glued right under it or to part of the trem if there is one.

I wouldn't say it matters a whole lot though. I noticed only a marginally stronger sound the closer it was to the bridge/strings.

Normally its put in the bridge to allow a totaly "sterile" sound, not effected by the guitars body...provides a more clear signal for putting through an acoustic sim or whatever. But hell, put it where you think sounds best/is easiest to wire up! :D