Pics of Custom Case

I just wanted to thank those of you who offered kind words during the build of the bass seen below. I'm not much of a guitar/bass afficionado. I don't really know how to play them, I just wanted a fretless bass, so it became my prior woodworking project.

I am now moving on to other woodworking projects. I may build another guitar/bass one day; and if so, i promise to document its progress here. For now, I'm building a grandfather clock out of cocoblo (rails /stiles of the cabinet) and spalted maple (paneling).

Before signing off here I wanted to share some images of the custom case I had made for the bass. Due to the unconventional shape and scale of the instrument a production case just wounldn't cut it. I found the manufacturer though the search function on this site.

http://ibeamcases.com

The site seems to be down now, but they built my case to my specifications for a flat $200 fee. I couldn't be happier with their craftsmanship. I find the price extremely fair when you consider the nature of this service offering.

case-002.jpg

case-001.jpg

case-003.jpg

Thanks again for your help and opinions. The quote where one guy said my original design reminded him of Florida still makes me laugh. He was right after all.

Signing off,

Wayne Lousteau - Loosetoe

Loosetoe,

Your combination of wood choices is impressive to say the least. The clock sounds amazing too. Post some pics!!!

Your creativity is always impressive as well.

Check in here from time to time! You're a real benefit to the site.

Dan D

that's one beautiful bass, i'd imagine it sounds great too. i bet you that clock won't sound great though. :D