Help

Hi everyone, i'm new at this forum and i want to build my first electric guitar.

The guitar i'm gonna build is the Red Special guitar B), but just to learn since my dream guitar is a Les Paul.

I got a question a friend of mine has an epiphone guitar, can i make a blueprint out of that guitar or are the epiphone measurements diferent from the Les Paul?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

And i'll be posting more questions later when i start building the guitar in 2 o 3 weeks when i finish my exams.

I've already read the information in this forum and several other, and i haven't found a book about making guitars or necks here.

That's why i asked if anyone knows about a web page with good information about neck building steo by step.

Tnks for you advice B)

:D

The truss rod counters the pull of the strings on the neck. It can be used to adjust the bow in the neck, or the 'relief'. Most people don't make them, they buy them. Try StewMac. Truss rods go under the fretboard.

Also, I know there are tutorials on the main site that can answer this question, as well as most others. And, any guitar making book you need can be found on Amazon. Try Melvyn Hiscocks "Make Your Own Electric Guitar".

Most people don't make them, they buy them. Try StewMac. Truss rods go under the fretboard.

You can make your own truss rods, I make mine.......but, you do need some metal working skills.....If you look at the Hot Rod trusses, you will see how simple they really are. The great thing about making your own is that you can substitute metals such as titanium for the rods and save weight and gain strength, but at a much higher cost. But with the amount of time it takes to thread the rods and tap the blocks, It is more time/cost effective to buy a truss rod.