Stingray plans

*sigh* I hate to waist everybodys time, but Ive been looking all over for plans to a music man stingray (4 string) and I just cant find any.

Does anyone know where there are any? B)

I would make the plans myslef from pictures and such, but im not so confident with my CAD skills... :D

You MIGHT find a program like Illustrator or CorelDraw more useful than most CAD programs as a starting point. Get a picture of the bass, then using one of the tracing tools, trace the outline as well as possible-- it'll calculate which curves to use. Then you just grab one or two points on the curve (or create your own points) to adjust for any slips of the mouse.

As for scaling it, I guess you'd have to find some sort of accurate measurement out there somewhere for an easily identifiable part of the bass.

Greg

cool, thanks

do you know where I could get a free coreldraw program, or would i have to pay?

haha.... you know the answer, right?

But guess what.. I want to build a bass too and I think it'll be a Stingray, so maybe I'll make a drawing one of these days.

I don't know offhand, but Corel is fairly competetively priced, especially if you go for one of the "Essentials" packs.

Of course, there's always... er... demo... versions available if you're desperate, though I DO try to use only legitimate software for everything I do.

(Damn conscience... Amplitube is easily available on P2P, and would turn my computer into a POD XT, except better).

Greg

Hm, i just remembered somone talking about calling the patent office and getting plans for a guitar that way... is that posible?

No need to call when you have the internet at your disposal, visit:

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

I don't know how helpful it'd be... the drawings aren't that detailed.

If you don't want to spend the money on a good drawing program. I suggest using the Gimp. It's Gnu License, open source and free. I would also rate it very highly in functionality. It can match photoshop, psp, or Corel fairly easy and has lots of plug-ins. You can read more about it at The Gimp

-J