How do we build a maple neck??

They use what is called a 'skunk stripe' in the back of the neck. Its a cavity cut with a router that is a certin depth and then they fill the hole with another peice of wood. but I have no idea how they get the wood the exact size. for that you may need a CNC but I dont know.

They use what is called a 'skunk stripe' in the back of the neck. Its a cavity cut with a router that is a certin depth and then they fill the hole with another peice of wood. but I have no idea how they get the wood the exact size. for that you may need a CNC but I dont know.

you do it before you shape the neck (usually), they cut the cavity, put the rod in and then glue the stripe, and shape them together, makes it smooth, the one thing you have to worry about is to sand/carve/rasp through the stripe to the rod, tat can turn nasty. Usually the top part of the stripe is left minimally shaped so dont use too big aof a neck blank, i think 1" with the fretboard is a good round number

note* this isnt expert advice, but i am sure its correct.(mostly)