SG and strat pots?

68 lost souls

Depends on a whole lot of factors, actually.. Generally, 250k pots are used with single coil pickups while 500k pots are used with humbuckers.. That's a very very general statment, by the way.. Some people prefer different values.. As a rough guide, the higher the pot value, the brighter the tone will get..

Nothing to do with the type or make of guitar.. :D

Yeah I know that but I was just wondering what the stock pots are in them.

ALso I read somewhere its better to use 250k pots in for tone is it true?

What about even higher rated pots if Im using alot of pots so as to keep it bright because I know that if you use say 2 pots the actual sound has something to do with th 2 pots aded together?

Stock on Fender Strats (3 single coils) are 250k while the stock on SGs are 500k..

250k pots better for tone?? Subjective, to say the least.. I've heard of people using much higher values and swearing by it.. I personally go with just the 500k for hums and 250k for singles..

What about even higher rated pots if Im using alot of pots so as to keep it bright because I know that if you use say 2 pots the actual sound has something to do with th 2 pots aded together?

I'm not sure about the sound having something to do with the pots added together but something to take note of is that higher valued pots tend to 'pickup' more noise, or so I've heard.. I'm not one to mess with something that I'm already happy with.. :D

Try Ansil.. He's a lot better at stuff like this so he should be able to tell you more.. If I'm not wrong, he uses 1M pots.. Sounds a little high for me but I'm sure he's got his reasons.. Cheers!!