planning my next guitar have a couple of options

Well its time to make my next guitar. i have way too many options to choose from.

I know my pickups are going to be slash humbuckers and its going to be lp shaped. But what woods should I choose?

i have some 5a flammed maple, I have some 5a quilted maple, I am going to use mahogany body, mahogany neck. I have my choice of fretboard material. I have some santos rosewood, I have snakewood, I have some ebony. I really don't know and I am looking for some suggestions.

what do you guys thinks?

pics...

birds.jpg

snake.jpg

flamed.jpg

that flame looks killer, absolutely killer. the paint color you're going to use really decides what woods to use. a burst, you gotta use the flamed maple, but for a solid stain, the quilted. and depending on the color, the fretboard wood comes into play. a darker finish(full stain) would warrant the lighter santos rosewood, as it's more of a contrasting visual effect. a light sunburst would get the ebony, as the contrast would be there, but definately not as noticible as a dark stain and relatively light colored wood. (these are strictly visual appeal here, i know the sounds are different). the snakewood would be cool tossed over a lighter sunburst and come out without much contrast.

im curious though, what kind of tonal properties does snakewood have compared to say, ebony?

I have no idea on the snakewood board, some of the really high end builders like warrior use it a lot, its expensive as all heck.

I have heard that its awesome sounding.

I think I might go with the quilted birdseye top with the snake wood board.