HardTail->Tune-o-Matic Bridge

So i was thinking about converting my moded up the butt rg from a hard tail to a tun o matic. Right now its just based on looks, and me thinking i would get better harmonics... set me strait. And how would i need to go about measuring so i dont screw up the scale lenght, and intonation.

Couldnt find it...

ya ive been here since aprilish... no name is here too.:D

Anyway, i was enlightened that the neck would have to be angeled back, someone tell me how hard this would be, and how to do it.

Angling the neck would be done by putting shims in the neck pocket. Another way of fixing that problem would be to recess the ToM.

About intontation and such, I have no info to give that I trust enough. Someone else will have to help you with that.

The intonated string length is never shorter than the scale length, so assuming your measurement and placement is spot on, you should measure the scale length to the saddles, when they are at their furthest forward point. If that doesn't make as much sense as I hoped, please tell me. Or ask Perry (rhodes56)

Angling the neck would be done by putting shims in the neck pocket. Another way of fixing that problem would be to recess the ToM.

About intontation and such, I have no info to give that I trust enough. Someone else will have to help you with that.

how much of an angle?