need help

OK about how much would wood cost in home depo its to far for me to go check im looking in to ether getting mahogany or alder, and how much wood would I need to make a V shaper guitar like Kerry King's.

And seance this is my first project and I don't think I will finish in like 2 years because I got get a job but I would love to make a guitar that expresses my self, would a V be hard to make as a first project I think IM gone change around the design a little but its mostly gone look like Kerry King V but with my components and color how I like it.

V's are pretty easy, no tight bends to go around on the band saw or anything and routing for pickups and all is easy too, the only hard thing i found about buildin my V was the neck pocket, its a little tricky

Home depo dosnt carry magohony, or alder, or pritty much any hard wood. (well, the one here dosnt) the best you can get there is pine, or maybe poplar. but thoes two are very cheap.

I reccomend finding your local cabnate shop and asking them what thier wood supplier is. they may even sell you some, because they get it in bulk.

Sorry this isn't really relevant to the topic, but I think it might be good to hear before it's too late. It will be much easier for you to route out your neck pocket and neck pickup rout if you do that before you've cut your piece of wood to it's V shape. Otherwise, the router won't have much to rest on, and will be unstable.

And someone mentioned pine. AFAIK, it's no good for guitar building, though that's only what I've heard. Would someone confirm this?